Thursday, February 22, 2007

Something to believe in!

Soooooooo............... Yes! Being approved was enough to send our dossier (documents) to Russia and I overnighted signatures yesterday so hopefully they will start translating by the end of the week! Our adoption consultant did give me a hint yesterday though- something to believe in, something real and tangible! She said they are working on registering us in the Arkhangelsk region of Russia. Yeah- I can finally look up info and research! And pictures! There are pictures of all the buildings we will have to visit to finalize everything over there and hotels, etc. But most importantly- a picture of the orphanage. My heart melts just seeing the building where OUR baby/babies may actually be right now. This baby home (as they are called) houses 120 children in the Arkhangelsk region ages 0-4. I posted that picture for your viewing pleasure as well. Things are moving - they really are. Keep praying and hoping with us. Thank you so much for your support and love and fundraising ideas. Our hearts are grateful and excited.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Why does there always have to be a but.........?

So our funding was approved through a program that works with our adoption agency for but............ it will not be "funded" until signatures are collected and AAI asks for the money but..........we are approved! So I emailed Lisa our adoption coordinator to see if that approval is enough to send our packet to Russia by tomorrow's (updated) deadline. (What a gift of Love that would be in time for Valentines.)She said she would check into it. PLEASE PRAY! I am praying and hoping and begging that this be enough. After all the bank does work with the agency on this program and they approved us so it's pretty much guaranteed right? I really really do trust God on this and if it is not meant for now it is not meant for now. This was His plan and I believe that nothing I or anyone else can do will interupt that and I believe it will be blessed. But.........right now I feel like I am in a "choose your own adventure" book- Did I send off the dossier on the right day? Should I not have sent it return receipt? Should I have attempted funding elsewhere? Should I have not applied at all and just waited upon the Lord until tomorrow waiting for a miracle just in the nick of time? I don't know. I have to rest in the decisions we have made and the direction we have taken. Oh, Lord please allow this to be gentle on my heart, whatever the outcome. I trust you and I love you and most of all I thank you.

Monday, February 12, 2007


Thank you Anggi & Jason for your prayers, support, and financial gift. We are forever grateful. I know you taking part in a miracle that God is putting together to pull us through this hiccup. May it return ten-fold.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Whew! And Oh No!

So............things are good and things are not so good right now. The good news is we have apostilled (certifying that all our notarized documents are valid) all of the documents required for our dossier (the initial packet to be sent to Russia.) I took it to the post office today and had it overnighted so it should arrive on Monday, one day before the extended deadline. Whew! What a relief! That feels WONDERFUL!

What is not so wonderful is the funds that were supposed to accompany that packet did not so I am not sure if they will process it or not. There is a deadline of 2/13 for everything to be turned in so it can have time to reach Russia and have us registered in a specific region by March 1st. Our agency's accreditation expires that day but history has proven that if we can at least be registered by then, Russia will let us finish our adoption. Our agency is one of 14 left working there which are all expiring. Russia has accepted renewal applications but will not be complete for who knows how long. So the goal was to have everything in so at least we would be in process and not waiting indefinately. All the ways we have of paying for this next group of fees due for that to be processed is not happening. I shouldn't say not happening but delayed. Unfortunately, this deadline does not allow for delays so today we applied for special funding. We will see if it works.

Please stand along side us and pray, pray, pray that some way, some how this comes together by Tuesday. I believe that no matter what stands in our way God will make a way (where there seems to be no way) after all, this was His idea. But if His plan is for us to wait, then we will. So in that case pray for my heart.

Anyway- that is the latest. We are on edge. ????? In the meantime if you have any fundraising ideas that you think could be beneficial for us to raise the rest of our funds that we will need for placement fees, travel, orphanage donations, etc. please let me know. I also just earned my Real Estate License so if anyone needs me for advice or to assist in buying or selling a home. I am here- motivated, trustworthy, & hard working. Thanks for listening. It could be getting exciting soon!!!!!!!!!!!!