Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!

Yesterday was Jones' first day of Kindergarten. After much thought and discussion, we decided to let him ride the bus both ways. He was delighted! He had a great time in "Mr. Amundson's class." It is actually "Mrs." Amundson which I am trying soooo hard to get him to correct before she catches on!

Yesterday he was pretty nervous even though he said he wasn't. He wasn't really smiling or talking in the morning which is NOTHING like "normal" Jones but as soon as he got off the bus after school he was back to himself. Mollie and I both had a pretty hard time with him going. Mollie was bawling the moment he got on the bus. She said she missed him and then that she wanted to go on the bus too. If I can figure out how to post the video of her I will. I was pretty strong until I got home to my quiet house. Then I lost it. It was weird to put my child who I have tried so hard to watch over and protect on to a bus with someone I don't know and send him somewhere. I am okay now. Just so odd to not have any children and then within one year be sending one off to kindergarten. Talk about fast forward!!!

Anyway, check out the pics! Don't miss the GIGANTIC backpack! I think he looks soooooooooooo undeniably handsome!







8 comments:

Priscila said...

He IS handsome! And he'll grow into that backpack I'm sure. :)

I remember sending Gabe off to Kindergarten. It's OK to cry. You did good to wait till you got home. I bawled right there at the corner with some of my neighbors trying to comfort me. Talk about embarrasing!

Anggi said...

Ahhh! Thank you for sharing those photos with us. He looked adorable! In looking at your pictures it took me back to the day we took Melanie to school for the first time. Letting your kids go is so hard but my heart just swelled with pride.

Tami said...

He looks SO cute!!

Last year when I took the kids to school for the first time, I drove them and took them to class. I had major post partum (ten days after Lydia was born!) and bawled my eyes out down the hall, on the playground and at home...not just the first day either!! How pathetic!! This year was MUCH better!! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh Erin, he is SO handsome and he looks so grown up!
What a big smile he had too!

Poor Mollie (and you)... luckily Caleb just yelled "miss you" to Brynna and that was the end of it. I think he secretly likes her being gone cause he has me to himself LOL!

Jody Cook said...

Wow, that back pack IS HUGE! LOL Did he pick it out himself?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE his hair!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh can you believe it Kindergarten! They are so big! It was hard for me too Er......I cried! :) They are just so independant now.......

Becky said...

Oh Erin, he is so cute! I'm telling you...what a handsome little man. I bet it was soooo hard letting him "go!" Just thinking about it next year makes me sad.

Cassie said...

He is such a little stud! Darling. :)