Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Do you ever wanna take a bath with your laptop?

Oh, I just love reading other Mom blogs. It has got to be one of my favorite things to do. You can find triumph, irritations, commonalities (is that a word?), and most of all INSPIRATION!!! I am telling you ladies- I really believe we can change the world!

Anyway so here I am super sick with one heck of a bad cold including congestion and sore throat. For those that know me well, you know this is one of the WORST times in my life to be sick! I have so much going on which is probably half the reason I am sick! Doggone it! Why do I always do this to myself. Anyway, at the same time I am having the time of my life- raising my two little ones, loving my friends, family, & God, and directing a play I had the priviledge of writing. Come on now, this is the stuff dreams are made of. Let's just ignore the severe financial crisis that so defines us right now and the part-time job I just can't seem to find.

Stephanie came over today and had me try her Neti Pot. I must admit I was nervous and there were a couple times I gagged on the solution as it went down my throat by accident, along with an episode of sinus rush headache like when water goes up your nose in a pool. However I ended up feeling like it did atleast clear some of the congestion so I went and purchased my own today so....we'll see.

Back to the point. Right now I am cold, tired, sick, & goosebumpy and all I want to do is take my laptop to the tub for a good soak & read. But I won't chance it. I will stick with Cookie magazine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used Jeremy's Netipot for the first time a few weeks ago when I was sick! It didn't always go smoothly each time but I think it WAS worth it. I think part of the trick is having the water warm enough. I think I was afraid of burning myself so I let it be too cold and that is what makes it feel like you got a noseful of water.

Praying for a speedy recovery!

Erica said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It must be going around, I'm down today with what sounds like the same thing. Ug! I'm praying for you and hoping that you feel better SOON!!! I can't wait for the play, it's going to be amazing!!!

Cassie said...

You are so cute Erin. I am sorry that you've been sick. Hope you're starting to feel better!