Friday, October 17, 2008

The Sweetest Day

Did you know that was today?

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
"occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed."[2] Sweetest Day has also been referred to as a "concocted promotion"[3] created by the candy industry solely to increase sales of candy.

I choose to go with the first definition although it was created in 1921 by a group of 12 confectioners. Note: It doesn't always land on Oct. 17th, I guess it was supposed to be the third SATURDAY in Oct. but on our calendars it is today!

Well, anyway, in our family it is very fitting today as one of my "sweetest days" was 25 years ago when my baby sister arrived! She is an amazing gift from God. Britt was born with a sparkle in her baby blue eyes. She has always been so sweet, loving, talented, and adorable! And look at her now- not much has changed.

Brittany is my best friend and for anyone who has the opportunity of knowing her, you already know you are blessed. Her thoughtfulness, love, and generosity far outshines average folks. She is talented, hardworking, disciplined, fun, and a delight to be around. She also has an incredible testimony which has touched so many already in her young life! She is an awesome daughter, wife, mom, friend, and sister.
I can't wait to see what she does with the rest of her life!

I love you Sissi! I will always be thankful to God for the gift of you!


No comments: